The government has announced the Ukraine Family Scheme and the Local Sponsorship Scheme for Ukraine, which will provide additional support for Ukrainian nationals and their family members.
For full details on application types, visit the gov.uk website.
If you wish to donate items, please contact the following inde- pendent drop-off point
Macclesfield: Donatable @ Silk FM, Adalaide House, Adalaide way, Macclesfield, SK10 2QS 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday All enquires 01270 344 344.
Poynton Town Council and Cheshire East Council cannot accept any types of financial support
but urge those wishing to help, to consider donating to one of the organisations below.
- Disasters Emergency Committee, Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal, provides food, water, shelter and healthcare to refugees and displaced families. Donations will be match funded by the government up to a total of £20m – donation.dec.org.uk/ukraine-humanitarian- appeal
- The British Red Cross, which has launched an appeal to help the Ukrainian Red Cross to provide food, medicine, clothing and shelter, as well as first aid training in bomb shelters – donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-crisis-appeal
- The UNHCR refugee agency, which is funding emergency shelters, repairs for homes damaged by shelling, emergency cash assistance, psychological support and warm clothing – Donate to UK for UNHCR (unrefugees.org.uk)
- Unicef, the UN children’s charity, which is helping to ensure families have clean water and food and that child health and protection services continue – www.unicef.org.uk/donate/donate- now-to-protect-children-in-ukraine/
- Save the Children, which is providing cash assistance, food and other support to refugees crossing into Romania and Lithuania, as well as in Ukraine itself. Donate to our Ukraine Crisis Appeal | Save the Children UK
Cheshire East Council is collating pledges of support in readiness for possible arrivals to the borough. If you wish to pledge an offer of support, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org