Cheshire East Council is holding a public consultation on the future of its waste and recycling sites. They have considered closing the Poynton site on Anson Road, forcing local residents to travel to sites at Bollington or Macclesfield.
Poynton Conservatives believe this is a bad idea for several reasons:
- The Poynton site is well used, and also serves residents in Disley, Wilmslow and Handforth.
- Cheshire East’s plans for thousands of new houses in Poynton, Wilmslow and Handforth will increase use of the site in future.
- Closing the site will lead to an increase in fly-tipping.
- It will force residents to travel further, so increasing emissions of air pollution and carbon dioxide – despite Cheshire East’s official policy of fighting pollution.
We hope local people will respond to Cheshire East’s consultation and support keeping the Poynton site open. This can be done by:
- Writing to Waste and Environmental Services, Cheshire East Council, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, CW11 1HZ
- Emailing email@example.com
- Completing an online survey at surveys.cheshireeast.gov.uk/s/HWRC Consultation/
- Follow the link from the Cheshire East Home Page, www.cheshireeast.gov.uk – to “HWRC Consultation”.
- Complete a paper survey available at the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Anson Road and return it in the freepost envelopes supplied.
The final date for responses is Tuesday 10th January 2017. The survey also asks some irrelevant questions about your age, gender etc – these are totally voluntary and can be left blank if preferred.
Thanks for Your Support
Poynton Conservatives would like to thank all the local people who have responded to other two recent consultations; on Constituency boundaries (to keep Poynton in the Macclesfield seat) and to oppose Stockport Council’s plans to build over 12,000 houses in the Green Belt, many of which would be within a mile of Poynton.