Test and Trace is a vital tool but it does provide opportunity for fraudsters to take advantage.
The Government has issued some guidance about how people will know they are being contacted by a genuine contract tracer.
The NHS Test and Trace service will contact you by email, text message or phone. If the service calls you, it will be from 0300 0135000. If it texts you, it will be from ‘NHStracing’.
You’ll be asked to sign into the NHS Test and Trace website. You’ll then need to provide your contact information, as well as details of the places you’ve been and the people you’ve been in close contact with.
You will not be asked:
- for bank details or to make a payment
- for details of any other accounts, such as your social media
- to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
- for anyone to visit you at home